Thursday, November 11, 2010

Canvas Crazy: A Series

Project #4: Rosettes

Difficulty Level: Easy... and I mean EASY!  If you can use glue you can complete this project!
Price Range: Freeeeeeeeee

So, this project has been done many times before by many bloggers so I am going to keep it short and sweet.  The canvas rosettes are made from scraps cut down to about one-inch in width and 18-36 inches in length.  The longer the strip of fabric, the larger your flower will be.

I started with this:


Added some hot glue and ended up with this:


Oh, and there may have been a second-degree burn or two involved.  I can sew.  I can paint.  I can manage an auger with the best of them.  God help me, I can not use a glue gun.  Burn myself EVERY TIME!

I have placed these rosettes on lampshades, decorative pillow cases, purses, and even pinned one to a sweater.  The possibilities are endless and no matter how you incorporate them, you will be in style.

Blessings,

Jen

PS Has anyone ever made a dog bed?  My husky has made it perfectly clear she wants a BED.  Her dog pad is simply not cutting it anymore and she has moved into our weenie dogs bed.  I now have a disgruntled husky and ticked-off weenie.  I need some suggestions!


4 comments:

  1. Glad to know that I am not the only one always burning myself with the glue gun. Beautiful flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen, I just found your blog through The Shabby Chic Cottage. I love your canvas series. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just popped over from The Shabby Chic Cottage. Great series on canvas. Wow, you really did a lot of stuff with it.
    Now about how to make a dog bed. Katrin Cargill has a book you could probably get at the library. It's called Simple Home Furnishings and she shows how to make a dog bed in that one. Easy peasy. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. email me, I can dig up the pattern and directions and you can sew up a new doggie bed.
    glory2him111@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete