Monday, November 8, 2010

Canvas Crazy: A Series

Project #2: Table runner

Difficulty: EASY
Cost: $5 per runner

Again, I used painter drop cloths from Home Depot that cost $10 for a 9x6 ft cloth (unless you hit the sale where you get two 9x6 cloths for $10... that was one heck of an exciting day).  Simply cut the fabric to size, stitch the raw edge, and display!

This was my inspiration: Pottery Barn Hemp Table Runner, $39 on sale right now for $29.  PRICEY!


This is my homemade version:



Here is a view of how the runner fits in the entire space:


 I will discuss how I refinished the table, repurposed the chandelier, and how I made the centerpiece from Goodwill finds over the next few weeks so stay tuned!

Blessings,

Jen

PS These would make PERFECT Christmas gifts... you can embellish the runners with ribbon along the edges or iron-on monograms.  So many options!  Please share your ideas... I will be making several for my friends this holiday season.

1 comment:

  1. I really need a table runner! I'm gonna have to go to home depot soon! :)

    ReplyDelete